ICAO Duty Free Bags
Duty Free Security Bags must have the corresponding serial numbers, state code, manufacturer code by ICAO and product code are to be printed on the bag.
- Internal Transparent Pocket to display receipt as proof of purchase at airport duty-free shops, or on board aircraft.
- Hidden markings are revealed when the security tape is tampered with.
- TE Bags are made of transparent Co-ex film which is resistant to oil, water and rough handling, and is 100% recyclable.
- Printing to edges prevents cutting and re-sealing of the sides.
- Proprietary wide welding to prevent side cutting and re-sealing.
- Multiple warning message printed in the front and back.
ICAO Regulations require strict compliance as follows :
- Tamper Evident Bags : Liquids, gel and paste products brought by passenger from airport retail stores located after police and immigration points before the security restricted area of the airport should be sealed at the point of sale in a transparent, plastic ‘tamper evident’ bag.
- These bags should be made to the same specifications as used in the EU.
Regulations should recognize the security of ‘tamper evident’ bags on the same day of travel for:
- domestic transfer passengers.
- Same-day return passengers.
- Out-bound passengers transferring at their next airport arrival.
- In-bound transfer passengers arriving from other countries in which the country has a mutual recognition agreement on airport and duty-free supply chain security.
- Such passengers should be allowed to pass through security screening points with liquids in containers over 100ml provided the ‘tamper evident’ bag remains sealed.